Paramount Tall Club of Chicago and Paramount Foundation
Tall Clubs International and Tall Clubs International Foundation
Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker Scholarships
Complete application must be postmarked by Monday, February 12, 2018
Scholarship Information 2018
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago (PTC) through the Paramount Foundation (a 501c(3) corporation – ID number 36-4314104) awards one $750 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in the Chicagoland area and meets the height requirements of the club, 5’10” for females and 6’2” for males. The PTC scholarship is to be used toward tuition expenses and will be paid directly to the college or university that the recipient will attend. The recipient of the PTC local scholarship will be nominated by PTC to be considered by Tall Clubs International (TCI) for its $1000 Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker scholarships.
To apply for the local PTC scholarship, a student must meet PTC’s minimum height requirements of 5’10” for females and 6’2” for males, be a graduating high school senior, and plan to attend either a 2-year or 4-year college this fall. Criteria include:
- Minimum height (females 5’10”; males 6’2”)
- Academic achievement
- School activities
- Volunteer work
- Personal achievement
- Chicagoland area student
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago’s Scholarship Committee selects 3 – 6 finalists and conducts personal interviews to determine the club’s recipient. We cannot acknowledge receipt of all applications; however, finalists will be notified to set up the interview. Our recipient’s application, in addition to the committee’s recommendation, may be submitted to the TCIScholarship Committee for consideration of the national scholarships. The recipients of the TCI Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker Scholarships are announced at the TCI annual convention during the first week of July 2018.
Instructions for Applicant
1. Complete the attached application (5 pages). Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
2. Provide an official high school transcript. Include evidence of your ACT or SAT score.
3. Write an essay on “What being tall means to me” preferably typed. You may want to include your thoughts on Marfan Syndrome and the work of the National Marfan Foundation, PTC’s charity of choice.
4. Submit completed Recommendation Forms from two individuals of your choice. One must be completed by an educator such as a teacher, counselor, or coach. One must be completed by another adult, not a relative, in the community out side the school community.
5. All items must be postmarked no later than Monday, February 12, 2018. Late applications cannot be accepted.
6. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all forms are submitted by the deadline. Please make every effort to include all parts of the application in one envelope.
7. If you are a finalist, you will be required to provide a wallet sized photo of yourself. Do not send a photo with your application.
8. All forms and transcripts must be sent to:
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago
Mr. Jim Nelson, Scholarship Committee Chair
P. O. Box 31466
Chicago, IL 60631